So. . .I'm sharing this HORRID picture of me because I want to share what's been happening to my face. I had an allergic reaction to a steriod cream that is used for excema. Anywhere I used the cream on my face, I got horrible, painful blisters. This is what my face looks like at day 8 of this experience. It's called, "Perioral Dermatitis" and I feel for anyone who has ever dealt with it. It feels like a bad sunburn, your skin is incredibly tight and dry. The worst part is that you can't do anything about it. You can't put anything on it. You don't want to anyway because it hurts so bad. You have to stay out of the sun as well, so I've been hibernating. You just have to wait for the steriod cream to get out of your body - "they" say it takes about 14 days - we'll see.
If someone perscribes you a steriod cream - BEWARE. If I had know this was a possible side-effect, I never would have used the stuff. I guess I needed to be humbled. :(
3 comments:
You are very brave to put this on your blog- but then, only people who love you no matter what will read it anyway. It should be getting better by now- right?
ouch. if we were younger and living at home i would be calling you a leper. :)
It looks painful. I feel bad for you, I would be hibernating in my house until it went away!
Post a Comment