A few days ago my sweet Chloe turned 7 years old. I think one of the hardest things for a Mom with lots of kids is to give individual time to each of her children. When I go to bed at night I often think about whether or not I neglected any of my little ones during the day. I try not to feel guilty about it. Chloe has had an especially difficult year since Ava's birth because she's had to give up some of her individual time. She also had to give up her "baby in the family" status. There have been many emotional days, lots of tears and hugs and extra loving needed. I realize that these trying times are so important, they have made me even closer to Chloe than I was before (if that's possible). Helping her learn to trust her family when things are tough is an invaluable lesson.
Chloe amazes me and entertains me and makes me laugh. She is funny and witty and so very sweet. She is a writer, a dreamer, and incredibly ambitious. You never have to wonder what Chloe is thinking or feeling, she wears her heart proudly on her sleeve. I admire her strength, her passion, and her independence. I love this little girl more than words can express.
Chloe didn't want to a birthday party this year. She wanted to go on a shopping spree (like Maya did last year) instead. She wanted a "7" dress so I made her one. She also wanted me to take her out and take photos of her. We went for a walk around Woodbridge lake and took tons of pictures, the ones I posted are my favorite. Instead of a cake she wanted ice cream sundaes, so I made edible cookie bowls to put her sundaes in and they were yummy!
![]() |








4 comments:
Happy Birthday to sweet Chloe. She has such a fun personality! Strength and passion from both of her parents. Can't wait to see you all on Sunday.
Debbie
I think that's so cute that she wanted a photo shoot for her birthday....such a girl!
My favorite picture is the 4th one down with her by the tree. Your girls get prettier and smarter every day! Hope she had a wonderful day- sorry we didn't call! (we were in Hawaii)
She has a sassy look in a lot of her pictures. cute! We all love chloe.
Post a Comment