I was taking Ava's 34 week pictures today when Dallin came outside and decided to join in the fun. He came up next to Ava and sat down. It was as though he was saying to me, "OK Mom, I'm ready for you to take my picture!" I, of course, obliged.
It reminded me of what a good big brother Dallin has been to Ava, and the good big brother he is trying to be. He cleans up her toys and puts them in her special basket. He picks up toys when she drops them and hands them to her. He comes into her room when I am rocking her to sleep and straightens her crib blankets. He patiently waits while I rock her to sleep.
Lately Dallin is very aware of his sisters and is shaping relationships with them that are unique. With Maya he is the little brother, he trusts her and knows she will take care of him when I leave her to babysit. He goes to her for comfort. With Chloe, he is the teasing big brother, enjoying making her scream and stealing her toys and laughing when she gets really mad at him. Then he'll hug and kiss her as if to say, "Come on, Chloe, I just like teasing you, but I love you just the same." With Ava he's protective and aware and loving.
I don't know why God wanted Dallin to have a mess of sisters instead of brothers. Sometimes I feel sad that he doesn't have any boys to bash around with. But I love watching them figure out what their relationships will be and how to take care of eachother. I'm one lucky woman to be able to spend every day with them.






6 comments:
That is so sweet. I love when you share these things about Dallin. And I'm sure he is surrounded by those 3 beautiful girls for a reason! I wish we lived closer because I think Kyle would be a great friend to Dallin.
Well, my heart just melted with your comments and pictures. You ARE lucky, and I know your children adore you. I love you, too. You have taught me alot.
I loved this post Wendy. I could picture Dallin doing everything you described. So sweet and heart warming.
This is such a sweet post. I loved reading about Dallin and how he is so sweet to Ava. You guys have a wonderful family.
I loved the picture of Dallin holding Ava. I wish he could tell us what he is thinking about everything. He is so lucky to be in your nurturing home.
Debbie
Oh, that made me tear up.
Post a Comment