The new primary theme this year is, "I know the scriptures are true". Every primary child got a new Book of Mormon and a little bag to put it in. Ava was thrilled with her new book. She carried it around with her for days.
On Monday night she wanted to sleep with her Book of Mormon. In the middle of the night she woke up sobbing. I went into her room and she explained, "Mommy, I can't find my scriptures! I need my scriptures to keep me safe!" I found her book had fallen onto the floor. I handed it to her and she cuddled up next to it and went right back to sleep. It was the sweetest thing to see her little face next to her scriptures, completely at peace.
It was a good reminder to me and that when I'm afraid, unsure or uneasy I can seek out my scriptures too. They always bring me peace.


No comments:
Post a Comment