Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter 2012

We spent Easter Saturday at our annual Bouton Easter Egg Hunt. Dallin was a handful this year. We used to put candy in the eggs for the hunt because Dallin used to be allowed to eat candy. Once we instituted his special diet we had to change things. First we tried giving all the other kids regular candy and Dallin had his "special" candy. That didn't work so well because Dallin is super fast at stealing food from unsuspecting victims.

So a couple of years ago we decided to put toys and money in the eggs instead. Unfortunately Dallin is not into money and he's not into toys either. Dallin is REALLY motivated by candy and he still thinks that there might be some left-over candy that someone forgot about and he is DETERMINED to find it. So he goes around torturing his sisters and cousins by opening everyone's eggs as fast as he can.

There was a lot of screaming this year. A lot of "Dallin! That's my egg!" going on. Even Dallin's 3-year-old cousin was heard to say, "No, no, Dallin!"
I have to laugh when I think about it. He always keeps us on our toes.

It was beautiful day and I took way too many pictures. Thanks to Debbie and Bill for the meal and for arranging the hunt for us to enjoy. A big CONGRATS to cousin Thorin who found the golden cash egg for the second year in a row!


Sassy Chloe and Daydreaming Dallin but otherwise a decent shot.


Playing games while the Dads hid the eggs.


Leaving to get the loot.










I'm SO in love with this baby!

Look at Dallin in this photo - he's trying to open Sydney's eggs while she's distracted. :)



Chloe had a difficult time NOT finding the golden egg.














Why are there never any shots of me lying around in a hammock?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like fun, but not as much fun as you would have had at OUR easter party.... :)

Mom said...

I vote that Wendy gets to lay around in a hammock on Mother's Day! It looks like it WAS a beautiful day, and I can so see why you are madly in love with Ava!

Rosanna and Doug said...

Ava looks HUGE in the picture where Debbie is holding her! cute pictures!!

Snow Family said...

All I could think was that Maya looks so much older and Dallin is taller. We really need to play more!